KIDS & JUNIORS
ONE on ONE TRAINING
About Bernardo Pitel
Bernardo Pitel is a former Brazilian
Bernardo Pitel Biography
Bernardo Pitel was born on the 10th of October, 1976 in Brasilia. He entered the world of martial arts through Judo, a sport he practiced until he was 11 years old. He left as a green belt and moved on to Capoeira, the Brazilian martial art of kicking created by the African slaves’ centuries ago. When Bernardo was 18 years old he finally joined a
Training under the illustrious Joao Roque from Nova Uniao, Bernardo Pitel made a name for himself in the Brazilian capital where he competed and trained. The great turning point for Pitel was a fight that took place in 1998 on the World
Bernardo Pitel also graduated in Physical Education by the UCB University (Universidade Catolica De Brasilia) in 2004.
- World Champion (2000 brown, 2001 black – IBJJF)
- World Cup Champion (2010, 2007 – CBJJE)
- Brazilian National Champion (2001, 2005, 2007, 2008)
- Pan American Champion (1997 blue – IBJJF; 2010 & 2011 black – CBJJE)
- Pan American Champion (2012 Senior 1 – IBJJF)
- Brazil National Teams Champion (1999 – CBJJ)
- South American Champion (2006-2007)
- Brazilian National Cup Champion (2004, 2006 CBJJO)
- World Silver Medalist (2006)
- World Cup Silver Medalist (2008 – CBJJE)
- Rio Open Silver Medalist (2008)
- World Bronze Medalist (2009, 2007, 1999, 1998 – CBJJ)
- Pan American Bronze Medalist (2005)
- Brazilian National Bronze Medalist (1998 purple, 2009)
- Rio Open Bronze Medalist (2009, 2010)
- World Cup Bronze Medalist (2009 – CBJJE)
Weight Division: Pluma (64kg/141lbs)
Team/Association: Nova Uniao
“Our son has 22q11.2 deletion syndrome that causes him to have high anxiety and can be extremely shy. Since he has started training with Bernardo his confidence level has gone up and he is excited to go to each Jiu-Jitsu class to keep learning."
“My 2 children and husband have trained at several different bjj academies across the country. Bernardo Pitel is by far the best bjj professor we have ever had or continue to have. Most academies only train the basics for kids at a white belt level. Bernardo Pitel is very capable at teaching and training kids and young adults beginning, intermediate, and more advanced bjj. We highly recommend Bernardo Pitel. Do not miss an opportunity to train with him."
Google Review Link
Find Us Inside Crossfit Memorial Houston
Thank you, Tricia Jackson, for partnering with Bernardo Pitel Jiu-Jitsu Academy to offer our Jiu-Jitsu programs within the CrossFit Memorial Houston gym and alongside your incredible CrossFit community.
*Our location is on the left once you walk through the lobby area.
Jiu Jitsu Academy
Kids Get A Free Day Pass
5:00 pm–8:00 pm
5:00 pm–8:00 pm
1105 Upland Dr. N #BJJ
HOUSTON, State, TX 77043